Saturday, March 31, 2018

Love Yellow Greens

I do love yellow greens, so much so that I want to make an entire quilt with this X-Plus Quilt with these used as the primary focus. I have drawn out a pattern using purple X-Plus blocks in the four corners and a sprinkling of aqua blues. I will throw them all up on the design wall before I commit to this pattern.
So far I have made: yellow green = 60/72, purple = 10/12, and aqua = 11/37. But I love what I am seeing.

I was recently called into g'ma duty when both of Diana's daughters had a PD day. It was a wonderful opportunity to work with my granddaughter on sorting out some salvages in preparing them to make a crocheted rug. This little 9 year old cracker jack caught on with the snip-slip-tug-knot connection that I use.

My heart is filled to over flowing when I look at this picture of her and I preparing the strings.

I have completed 3 yellow-green Red Cross blocks for the Squared Away Sampler. This is going to be such a fun quilt.

I have also been helping our Edmonton based Quilts of Valour, Canada representative by putting on a few bindings. Many hands make light and enjoyable work. This photo was taken the first day of spring 2018!


for more end of this March Madness, please head over to SoScrappy
all for now, love and hugs
Kathy

2 comments:

  1. X-Plus is coming along nicely. LOVE that you have a helper!! We should all be SEW lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, and yes I am so thankful for that little helper, I LOVE her SEW much♥

      Delete