1. First I must say that I am very fortunate to have the time to quilt and a good job that supports my life style
2. that I have a fabulous family that I get to hang out with. Like on Saturday when Odessa was in town for a swim meet. Little swimmer is only six and looks so tiny in the McEwan U pool. What a little athlete she is...wow
3. that I did finish my slab quilt (well to flimsy stage) this week with the help of my very good friends Kim Caskey who drafted out a pattern on the whiteboard at work and Trish Krynowski who climbed up on the chairs to pin in the first row so we could get the blocks up on the wall. This is the room at the hospital that my Wednesday lunch time quilt group meets in...every Wednesday.
5. that I finished another selvedge rug. This one will be for Tanea. This is her little dog Mr. JR trying it out for her.
6. while still in the vein of working with blue in hopes of getting trough the stack, I made a couple more blocks for my ''Farm Girl at Heart" quilt. Northern Lights was simple enough, but that Four Winds, it was a little complicated so I HAD to follow the fabric map.
7. that on Wednesday night was the first guild meeting of 2015 and that I get to see so many of my good quilting friends after the Christmas break. I really don't know what I would do if it were not for the guild and all of the very good and positive relationships I have formed there. Today was the CPR (Community Projects Retreat) where 50 quilters got together and all day we worked on making quilts for our charity this year, the Be Brave Ranch for children that have been the victims of sexual abuse. There were pictures taken at the end of the day and I did not get pictures of the group, I do have one of the one I was sewing the binding on (and somehow they are no longer on my camera, but are on my facebook page)
All that and so much more to be thankful for and to celebrate this life with, and I still have a LOT of blue scraps. To see what others are doing to celebrate with the colour blue, head over to socrappy.
love and warm hugs