Sunday, March 8, 2015

Yellow as Light as 'Air' Castle

March has to be the happiest month for me so far this year...because its all about YELLOW. I have started out with a 16 patch to go with another that I had sew-ahead on in January. Just so bright and lovely and I love it.


To that I have added my "Light as Air" Castle. I love this block!!

All the while I am working on my RRCB there are scrappy string blocks rolling through the machine. Honestly where do all these strings come from?

I took Saturday off to attend a Graphic's 45 (it is a scrapbooking line) class. The intention of the class is to develop stunning two page layouts that we (the students) would then take home and fill with our own photos. I did one of these in 2013 for my son and DIL of them and their family. It is one of the most awesome gifts I have ever given and it was a huge hit. This year I propose to do two albums simultaneously, for youngest son again, and also my youngest daughter and her family. I cannot show you the finished pages...remember...they're Christmas presents. But what I can show you is what I did with the left over bits. I created two "Project Life" pages for someone else. Those doing the RSC2015 will not even the scrapbookers are onto the colours of the month!!






But now today it is back to grocery shopping, preparing lunches for the coming week and some more studio time this evening.

On the design wall this month is a wall-hanging top made by my dear late friend Lou Punko.  Lou was a founding member of my quilt bee group - The Group of 7. Each of us was given one of her tops to complete, and then to display at our up coming Festival of Quilts in June 2015. I am in the thoughtful stage. How to quilt? How to embellish? Inspiration will have to turn into action soon.

I am linking up to SoScrappy's linky party for more of the most fabulous colour EVER.

love and hugs
Kathy

5 comments:

  1. I'm loving your yellow blocks. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that Lou's quilt fits right in with this month's theme colours! This should be a fun quilt to finish up.I love the musical score fabric in your yellow 16 patch saw tooth star block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, so many great yellows! Love them all, but especially the sampler block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your RSC blocks. String blocks are among my favorite.
    I have some of that musical note fabric : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool top you have to work on! (Lou's) Good luck with that. I'm lovin' the yellows this month too (always!).

    ReplyDelete