Monday, August 5, 2013

August Summer Garden

Well I have talked about the garden, but maybe it is time I showed you what I get to enjoy in my own back yard.

The scarlet runner beans are being very aggressive in getting wound around their stakes.

The tomatoes are ripening every day, trying my best to keep up.

And I do love a feed of yellow beans.

And I do love sunflowers, this is the first one to bloom. I planted a variety of colours this year, so it will be fun to see them show their true colours.

A little hand holding the promise of a giant summer spaghetti squash...to be served later in the fall with garlic, EVOO and Parmesan...yum.

Nastersiums are always so fresh and cheery.

For this one I wish we had smell-a-vision...pineapple sage.

Colour, fragrance and delicious taste abounds, and some excellent garden helpers. It is the most wonderful time of the year.

Love and hugs
Kathy

1 comment: