Sunday, July 21, 2013

Annual Lily Show and a few more sprouts

July is the busiest of months for lily shows. The Martagons and Species lilies are finished (almost) blooming,  and so we were surprised to find such a nice selection at the Alberta Regional Lily Society Annual show this weekend. As Show chair and then Student Judge, I get to see it all from the ground up.  The lilies presented were the best stems and designs put forth by lily lovers from the region. Bob Yaremko from Bruderheim had the best of show with a stunning species L Michiganensii.



I was thrilled that my hastily put together "Bowl" arrangement won first place. It was fun to use the sprigs of chokecherries to create a bit more interest. Big thanks to my friend Leo Krupka for the 11th hour garden raid to gather up more lilies.

Meanwhile back at the Bernina, I did add a few more blue-green sprounts,


As well as two more yellow sprouts.

Head on over to SoScrappy to see what other aqua loveliness is going on.

hugs
Kathy

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you had a blog, Kathy. Duh! I wish I was into quilting. It looks like fun but I have started rug hooking and rarely get time for that. Better not add another pile of supplies to my hobby room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty sprouts! They are growing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lilies looked great. Fun to win a prize for your flowers. Love the sprout blocks. I am not sure if I will do Turquoise ones or not. I have lots left to do in Turquoise.

    ReplyDelete