Saturday, March 23, 2013

What have you been up to this week?

It has been quite the weekend. We have supported Dianne Blahun's estate sale and through the generousity of her husband have raised another $1125 for the Edmonton & District Quilters' Guild Founder Graduate Scholarship Fund.

I have sewed on Orange scraps creating more sprouts to go with the pink and purples.  Now when these are finally ready to be put into a quilt they won't be standing stalk still like some giant sunflower, but rather think of them in waves of colour similar to an English style garden. check out the others working with Orange at SoScrappy.
 I was also successful in completing Step 2 in my POF 50 Shades of Grey. What fun it is to see completed rounds from the other 1100 quilters who are participating.
Step #1

Step #2

And now it is time to create a few more cards, this time for Easter.

and block #79 of my "Farm Girl at Heart" quilt.
#79 Broken Window
Tonight, March 23, celebrating the 30th birthday of my baby Diana. Shown here hamming it up with her big brother Larry.

Love and hugs to all
Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Great looking sprouts, your getting so many done. Wow the sale did well. I was reading back, I did not know it was a drunk driver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I LOVE these sprout blocks. I can picture a whole English country garden made of these. I have a pale grey to add as my "sashing" where required...for now that is the plan. The sale went really well, and we are hoping it qualifies for the matching grant donations from the U of A, on until March 31. There has been a great uptake of the offer for matching grants (up to $1000), and it really helps the total to climb.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks I love them too. There are a lot of other works in progress and this one is especially fun as I continue to ferret out yet more orange scraps. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete