Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Baby Faces

I just L.O.V.E. this quilt. Bonnie Hunter thank you so much for your time and talent that leads us to take a pile of pieces that looks like this



and viola...it becomes this,

I could not be happier with this design (except for the fact that now I see a 4 patch that is pointing the wrong way), and thank you also to several other quilters out that that have inspired the border I also want to use; a band of purple then a row of 4 patches made with the grey and b/w scraps alternated with 3.5" more baby faces all set on point encased with more apple green setting triangles. I can thank this gal for the visualization of the border options.

Come on over to Bonnie's linky-party here and see what quilters around the world have done with another of her ambitious and wonderful designs.

cheers
kas

9 comments:

  1. Your Easy Street looks great! Fun Baby face fabric. Bought or printed of babies related to you? So Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine, thanks for stopping by. The baby faces belong to me...my four children and their 6 children. My oldest daughter had it manufactured somewhere in the US. The baby pictures that she used are all in the 5 - 9 month old range, so it is very interesting to see moms and daughters on the quilt together at similar ages.

      Delete
  2. What a fun idea to use family baby faces.
    Your top turned out great. Sounds like a very involved border. I don't know if I could keep up that much detail work after such a detailed piecing job on the quilt. You go, girl! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet...you make me smile. "Such detailed piecing" coming from someone who has completed all of her Sow-a-long blocks. I shall be sure to share my progress on both as I go along. When I can shed this day job I shall be very glad to take up full time with my Bernina and stash.

      Delete
  3. I had to search a lot to find the 4-patch that's wrong! Those 4-patches just wanted to turn themselves, I think. I found a few wrong ones as I was assembling. I hope I've caught them all, but who knows.

    How fantastic to have your family as babies in your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, thanks for visiting :) Your top is looking great and I love the baby faces fabric, what a brilliant idea your daughter had,this will definitely be a family heirloom! Thanks for the link to all the border possibilities....hmmmmm you've got me thinking now, how much fabric do I have left? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great fabric, and a lovely family quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job...I had to rip out several four patches that were the wrong orientation. Love your quilt.

    ReplyDelete