Saturday, February 17, 2018

Purple Wishing Rings

Let me just say this, I LOVE these purple Wishing Rings. What an effective use of simple piecing to create a great block. Thank you to Mari (The Academic Quilter) and Angela (So Scrappy) for providing the instructions and inspiration for a new sampler quilt: Squared Away.
this happy stick person fabric was painted by Cathy Tomm

It never hurts to put a batik in for full staturated colour

While this fabric looked purple in the stack, it is looking very brown in this light.


All six to date, 10.5" blocks and I have updated my RSC2018 spreadsheet. 

Now back to my regularly scheduled program. 

Today I am headed to the University of Alberta Design Lab to attend a colour and embroider class put on my our guild, Edmonton and District Quilters Guild. Our guest instructor is Jeltje van Essen of Devanter Netherlands. She owns 100 Roses Quilt Shoppe in Devanter and has the rights to use the artwork of Anton Pieck as the basis for her teaching and quilt making. I will have more to show next weekend, but for now, my supplies are packed and I am out the door as soon as this posts.

Head on over to SoScrappy see other wonderful purple happenings from quilters around this globe.
hugs
Kathy

5 comments:

  1. All your blocks look great! Going to be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great! My favorite is the cute little stick person block...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great together, and you are right I thought the same about the Wishing ring. Loved this block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your class!! Your PURPLE blocks turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those purple people fabric. Great to see you used some.

    ReplyDelete