Sunday, October 9, 2016

When you String upon a star

 I was inspired by the Spring Cleaning quilt on the left (found on Pinterest, by Brioni Greenberg) Her quilt was featured on the front cover of Quilt, June/July 2013. Isn't it a great collections of scrappy happiness.
 This is my rendition, When you String Upon a Star, with a framing border of half neutral half colour added. Will be binding it with a dark yellow green.

It has been beautifully quilted by Kim Caskey Custom Quilting, and I just love it. We used a wool batt over a 80-20 Hobbs batt. I for sure will have to retire now, as I am sure I will not be able to get up to catch the bus now that I will be snuggled under this beauty.

I am thrilled with this newest finish (binding going on as soon as I am off the computer). Will be linking up to Cynthia at Quilting is more fun than Housework and with Angela at SoScrappy, who really should take credit for getting me going on using up my scraps in such a fun and purposeful way.

On this very snowy and very cool Canadian Thanksgiving, I wish you a day filled with gratitude and good wishes where ever you are and with whomever you are spending it with.

Love and hugs
Kathy

17 comments:

  1. And you have inspired me be get back into my studio, dust off the machine and journey down memory lane while using my scraps to create the first quilt in 10+ years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore string quilts and yours is a beauty! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap! I think I might just start sewing some string blocks today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your scrappy sting stars came out! And don't you just love the feel of the wool in the batting...Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done!! I'm interested in your choice of wool over 80/20 batting. I have never used a double batt for any of my quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those string stars! I was just looking at someone else's version of it yesterday, and think I would like to try making some myself. What size are your individual string blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might have to get back on the strings, I have had a similar quilt in my to do file for a while!!! Your looks fabulous and would be perfect for a nice lie in on a day like today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely scrappy finish! I have a string quilt waiting patiently to be finished, I was thinking of tying it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a string quilt masterpiece! I've never seen one like it, am so in awe! Love your color placement. Congrats on a fine finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also have a Spring Cleaning quilt in progress, using recycled men's shirts + some additional novelty fabrics. It's such a fun string project and your looks wonderful! I'm sure it will be great for snuggling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks beautiful!! I love your rendition of this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "When You String Upon a Star" is amazeballs! I will definitely have to mark that down on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done! What a great pattern for all those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is stunning. I look at all those little scraps and wonder if they are worth saving. You have definitely proved they are worth saving.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am working on that same quilt - saw it on Pinterest too! I need to pull that out and get it done - only making 4 blocks. Your version is stunning and the quilting is gorgeous. Enjoy your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt is quite gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. the stars are a great idea for strings - it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete