Thursday, December 6, 2012

Scrap User System

While making the flying geese for this week's clue over on Easy Street I was left with some snippets that to anyone else (some exceptions) would have gone in the dumpster.

I measure and cut these bits into 1 1/2" inch 'strips' and using my Easy Angle...viola a collection of purple hst bound triangles to make the 28 hst's for another block for my Farmer's Wife Quilt sow-a-long lead by Randy at Barrister's Block.

I love the fact that I could use those bits up and work on two great quilts simultaneously. Of note, this beautiful block finishes at 6".

#62 Indian Plume

5 comments:

  1. Great way to use up those scraps - I love the two from one deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Ellen, thank you very much for your comments. I have another block made tonight using more purple scraps off the table...Dove in the Window. I shall be posting that very shortly.

      Delete
  2. Kathy, I follow Randy's blog and kept seeing her blocks but didn't understand that she was posting directions for the Farmer's Wife quilt. Now that I'm in the midst of Easy Street, I think I should postpone starting on the Farmer's Wife blocks! I like to work on two quilts but Easy Street seems to have so much going on that it would be overload (for me) to begin another quilt. But thanks again for the link and explanation. I'll save Randy's link that you posted and have a look at it again a little later.
    Nancy from joy for grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, I have been working on the Farmer's wife quilt since early in the year. I have taken the summer and fall off but am now back at it. I have 63 of the 111 blocks made, and depending on how large I wish to make it, I could be finished...but no, not me, I love to make large quilts and have been toying with several design layouts. Stand by to see that progress on that front.
      thanks for your comments
      kas

      Delete
  3. P.S. I'm like you and save even the smallest scraps. I think I only throw away those that would disappear with 1/4" seams!

    ReplyDelete