Monday, December 17, 2012

Easy Street - Part IV


I have had pieceful/peaceful hours alone to work on Easy Street Part IV and watch the pieces come together and the colours dance. 


The greens are cut and ready to play.


And I have used some of the leftovers on the table to make another in Randy's Sow-a-long blocks. A random one picked from the pile of those still waiting to be made (I am so far behind)...Missouri Star. It comes to together in a snap though using those great easy angle rulers.
#65 Missouri Star

I took part in a scrap-booking class on Saturday afternoon making a 2012 Christmas Recipe Album, taught by Kelly and her assistant/bff Sandra at the Urban Scrapbook. They did a terrific job steering all of us (10) through the many techniques and hunting through our stack of papers to get this almost to completion in 4 hours. I look forward to taking my own family's pictures and collecting the recipes that will make this a keepsake for years to come. 



Another project has been languishing in the bin since 2009...a bargello quilt for oldest son. He quietly (sometimes not so) watches the other quilts parade from studio and out the front door. So I have deviated from the original idea (as is my prerogative) and this will be a version of Trip Around the World (using Bonnie's lead here).


The highlight of the weekend has to be birthday supper with my beautiful granddaughter Tanea. So so precious. I have had the most enriching weekend...quietly and spiritually embracing everything around me and so thankful for all my family and friends.

My heart goes out to all those families grieving their unbearable loss.

#66 Connecticut Star
 Check what other quilters around the world are doing here on Bonnie's Linky Party.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the easy street quilt come together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Beth. Every week when I think I know where it takes another turn. Stand by!

      Delete