Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Pink Strings

WOW! it has been years since my last post. All this delay has to do with the need to confirm the European Cookies plea. The last post was about a minor update on my pink strings.

Since then I have completed that quilt and it won a First Place ribbon at our Festival of Quilts in Edmonton June 2019 in the Group category. I did all the piecing from my stash and then gifted the flimsy to my friend Kim Caskey. She quilted it and entered into the show. She kept the quilt, I kept the ribbon (seems fair) and split the prize money.

The theme of the show was "Sky's the Limit" and the ribbons were beautifully hand beaded to reflect that theme by master beader Wanda Cracknell.

No photo description available.Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing

I am thrilled that Kim entered this quilt for both of us and this quilt resides in such a loving home.

I must make a promise to myself to keep up with my blog and the massive quilts  that I have created since!

Love and hugs
Kathy

8 comments: